movie recap: annie hall.

anniehall
I saw Annie Hall for the first time last night. Its so funny and perfectly shows the way Woody Allen's brain works. If you haven't seen this, you really should. It's incredibly smart and Allen and Diane Keaton are so likable. I was especially encouraged to watch this after Tim's mix called Diane Keaton's Vest after the vest she wears in the movie. The shots are beautiful and the film is great all around - hence all the awards it won.

Here's some pros if you watch with friends: You'll have a million amazing quotes to throw around back and forth. Trust me, since I saw it last night, that's all Tim & I have been doing.

For example:
"Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out. This thing's heavy. Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side."

"Love is too weak a word for what I feel - I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's."

"Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college."


A fun fact for all you fashion people - everything Diane Keaton wore in the movie is her own wardrobe. "'She came in,' he recalled in 1992, 'and the costume lady on Annie Hall said, "Tell her not to wear that. She can't wear that. It's so crazy." And I said, 'Leave her. She's a genius. Let's just leave her alone, let her wear what she wants.'" -Woody Allen. Isn't that cute?

photo found here.

3 comments:

  1. David and I watched Annie Hall for the first time last month. We were completely absorbed in the fascinating world of Woody Allen and Diane Keaton and couldn't believe it had taken us so long to finally get around to watching it! We both fell quickly in love with his unique style of story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was completely captivated as well. I'm surprised that I had never seen it. I grew up on films from my mother's era (she's a baby boomer) and apparently she didn't like Woody Allen. I've been trying to make up for lost time. Manhattan is next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my all time favorite movies!!!! So glad you finally saw it!

    ReplyDelete