MRS. STAMPS A LOT

logos

I have been seeing a lot of logos and branding work that looks like seal or stamps. I'm sure you've seen a lot of circle ones with ribbon banners, but I find the hexagon and other shapes very appealing also. I love the idea of a logo also being a stamp - or really, just stamps in general.

One of my good friends, Alana Dy, works for a Graphic Design/Branding Agency called Matchstic. I'm sure some of you have heard of them, or at least seen their awesome business cards. When she showed me what they looked like, I was in love! They have a heavy weight card with letterpress and then each designer stamps their own information on the blank side. I really love that. If you want to see their rebranding project and the cards, stamps, and blog, go here.

So I am in the process of designing a logo for a friend's multimedia business. He's a rugged adventurer type and he recently moved to Israel. So I think having a semi rugged stamp-esque logo for him would work. Having a stamp made with your logo could also come handy! What do you think of this design trend?

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9

1 comment:

  1. I love how this is trending lately. I especially like the Embassy suites hotel seal. And come to mention it, I love your logo too! It's pretty great.

    ReplyDelete