Home // Closet // Tool: JASON TRAVIS

Jason Travis Glass and Sable Home Closet Tool Ciara Sames PhotographerJason Travis or 'J Trav' as he is known to most, approaches each day with a huge grin and seemingly boundless energy as a graphic designer, musician, and photographer. Central to all of these endeavors is Jason's love of people and relationships. After graduating from Ernest G. Welch School of Design in 2007, he embarked on his most far-reaching project to date, the Persona photo series. This project resonated with viewers winning an award from PDN, as well as appearing on CNN, Gizmodo, New York Times, USA Today, Marie Claire, and more.

owl shelf home closet tool Jason Travis

HOME // Wooden Owl from Tokyo
Most people I know have at least one animal collectible. For me its owls, and I have a few. I've always loved them, and I even have a pirate owl tattoo. Its strange to me that animals can be trendy in pop culture. Wolves, elephants, unicorns, owls, etc. Do animals really ever go out of style? I don't think so. I'm still going to appreciate my owl tattoo when I'm an old man. I picked up this unique wooden owl at a gift shop in Tokyo over Christmas 2005. I was with my cousin and 2 best friends and I'll never forget that experience.

IMG_0029

CLOSET // My Father's Washington Cup 10K Run Medal from 1980
I started running because my father was a runner. Plain and simple. I look up to him. He's given me a lot of his race shirts and medals. He was an avid runner before I was born and my entire childhood and he'd sometimes take me along to races and meets. This medal is from 1980, a year before I was born. I really love all his old running memorabilia, it has such a simple, classic feel to it. Sometimes I wear his medals for fun.

penshot copy

TOOL // Micron Pen 005
A few years ago I started using Micron pens and I haven't looked back since. My favorite is the 005. Incredibly thin. I use this pen for all my illustration work. I recently did a photo campaign for Sam Flax and I must have stocked up on about 25 Micron pens. Now I have an arsenal for quite some time.

graphic design // photography // persona series // blog

photos by me

2 comments:

  1. These profiles are amazing! Love it, keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat stuff! And it was definitely worth checking out his websites.

    ReplyDelete