weekend: antiques

shopchairsscarvestimchairmirrorwindowstephpatiowendle

Saturday was Wendy's last fully day in Atlanta, so a bunch of us got together and spent the better part of a day with her. I actually nabbed her first and we went to Marcia Wood Gallery and then to this wicked antique shop, Highland Row" with Tim. I wanted to take everything home. Can't wait until I'm in my new place, and then I'll finally be able to start collecting. Yesterday was lovely and relaxful. Tim and I watched Big. Gosh I love Tom Hanks. Who doesn't?! And especially YOUNG Tom Hanks.

I literally just found out that Colin Meloy, the lead singer of The Decemberists, is releasing a children's book August 31st called Wildwood. Well it's hard to say that there is a better story writer in songs than Meloy, so I'm sure this book is going to be incredible. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to the AJC Decatur Book Festival in September where he will be starting his book tour. Cute sidenote: His wife and him have the same birthday and she illustrated the book. Adorbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment