here's to you, tumblr.

worldbeautoverl

I spent some time earlier looking through some of the tumblr blogs of people I know. I had a tumblr for about a week, and it just wasn't for me. It is the new livejournal for teenagers. Yeah, I know that some really cool people are on there. Heck! The online publication I do marketing for has a really stellar tumblr. But I think as a generalization, the majority of users are young and not in college. Actually, I just read some demographics, and that's true. What I'm getting at is that so much of the content are all these beautiful pictures of skinny women, men, nature and also all the same pictures with text that denote sadness, loneliness, and confusion. My point here, here, and here.

So here's what I say. We, people, are what make this city, this country and world so amazing. We fuel creativity and invention, and make beautiful things ourselves. Enough with this online sad stuff. There's a lot to be happy about. Like rainbows after rain, the smell of fall (that I can sometimes catch a whiff of), flowers, falling in love, staying in love, shoes that fit, and fresh fruit. So come on, smile! Be happy for what you have, who you are, and the uncertainty of the future. (that's the best part!)


Adventure is on the horizon!



Design and second image by me. Forest photo found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment