susie homemaker/03

I've been spending a lot of time on Etsy looking for the perfect accessories for the new apartment. And with my love of vintage and 60's, and the recently completed season 1 of Mad Men, I've been all about mid-century. I think you already know that though. I'm not sure that I'm going to go with genuine mid-century styling for everything (no satin sheets!) but I'm staying pretty inspired by it. Here are some of the things I've been finding on Etsy. Now if you go on there and suck up all my goodies I intend on buying, I'll be so sad!

etsyfavs
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9


Excuse the dress. Clearly that's not a houseware, but I had to throw it in. Some of it is already sold or it's out of my price range, but it's the type of stuff I'm looking for.

Now for the bedroom.

bedding

This isn't mine (yet!) but this is the duvet cover I'm going to get. I couldn't decide between the one above or this one, but I like the yellow better.

So the apartment is coming along. I'm planning on taking some pictures soon. It's just been so crazy and I've been busy unpacking and settling that I haven't had a chance to snap a shot! But you'll get your fix soon enough. I'm thinking about having a house warming party in a few months so that I can have enough time to really make it look nice. It's going to be a Mad Men theme, of course! I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. all these pieces speak to me, i feel like we're sharing the same brain, haha. that dress is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, because I thought the same thing when I saw your blog. :D Kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete