ode to ulyana.

ulyana Ulyana Sergeenko came out with her debut fall/winter line. Besides loving how glamorous and beautiful her designs are, I also love how reminiscent they are to early-mid century fashions. Sergeenko uses modest hemlines with sexy sheer fabrics and emphasises waistlines, hour glass bodies, and A-lined skirts. The closer we get to 2012, the longer the skirts seem to get, and that doesn't upset me. I'm tired of seeing the residue of 1990 mini skirts. This resurgence of femininity and sexy modesty is delightful.

It's also no surprise to me that these vintage designs are surfacing in high fashion, as mid century modern furniture and vintage clothing are being devoured. It's about time designers paid attention to what consumers are buying. Needless to say, if I could afford it, I'd be all over this line. Since I can't, I'm going to try my best to duplicate!

No comments:

Post a Comment