Home // Closet // Tool: JESSE LASH

Jesse Lash Ciara Sames home closet tool glass and sable
Jesse Lash, a long time friend of mine, lives in New York City and spends most of his time working as an Art Director for Grooveshark. As a freelance photographer, graphic designer, and web designer, Jesse was once called a Digitual Handyman and the title stuck.

jesse lash ciara sames glass and sable home closet tool

I have a pretty awesome girlfriend. Christine is crafty and learned to stitch so that she could make me this pillow as a Christmas present. It's a replica of the Canon AE-1, my first SLR.

I love film cameras. They have a special beauty to them that the black plastic of modern day digital's simply don't have. From top to bottom, left to right:
  • Canon AE-1, 50mm f/1.4- craigslist buy while I was living in LA, this camera was the model for the pillow Christine made me. 
  • Contax 157MD, 50mm f/2- a gift from a friend. I love shooting this guy, because it's aperture priority, instead of shutter priority. 
  • Polaroid Land 250- my favorite thrift store find, one of my favorite cameras to shoot in general. I'm in the process of building a collage of a couple hundred polaroids, both color and black and white. 
  • Polaroid Land 330
  • Rolleiflex 2.8F- This is actually a family heirloom of my girlfriend's, but I've had to privilege to shoot this medium format beauty a few times and the lens is amazingly sharp.
  • Bell & Howell Electric Eye- I haven't shot this camera yet, but it's a fully functioning 8mm video camera! 

I was born in Florida and lived there my whole life until June of 2011, when I moved to NYC to work as an Art Director for Grooveshark. Before moving to the city, I spent 90% of my time in Vans Authentics, and the other 10% barefoot. Fall rolled around and I quickly realized I needed something warmer, so I bought these leather boots from J Shoes. I don't know how I lived life without them.

twitter // facebook

photos by jesse

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Love that god old Canon AE-1, although I won my bid on a Pentax Spotmatic with a 50mm 1.8 lens a couple of weeks ago. It went for 20 dollars and I am the luckiest girl alive!