Home // Closet // Tool: SUSANNAH DARROW

Susannah Darrow glass and sable ciara sames home closet tool artist burnaway atlanta
Susannah Darrow is the Executive Director of BURNAWAY (Online Arts Publication). She is a native Atlantan who left briefly to study art history, printmaking, 60s and 70s underground music, and English at the University of Georgia. She now is pursuing a graduate degree in art history from Georgia State University. Susannah is a member of the Forward Arts Foundation Emerging Artist Award Committee and serves on the Board of Directors of Art Papers. When not pushing Atlanta arts on the masses she is loving on her pug, Orson, and unabashedly searching out animal figurines and pink artwork for her house.

Susannah Darrow glass and sable ciara sames home closet tool artist burnaway atlanta

HOME // Deer Vignette Area
I get really obsessed with creating my "tableau's" all over my house. This one is definitely my favorite. The deerhead, Harold, was something my boyfriend traded for two lamps a few years ago. I like the he greets everyone who comes through the front door. The cyanotype print was a gift from my friend, Cooper Sanchez. The bottles are something I pick up whenever I see one I like. I have way too many of them now... The other stuff is just random knick-knacks that I have picked up over the years from yard sales, trips, scouring my parents house, you name it.

CLOSET // Necklace
I found the pendant in an old jewelry box of my grandmother's that I inherited after she passed away. It was actually an anniversary gift that my grandfather received from the company he worked for after 50 years. It's definitely my prized possession. I wear it almost everyday.

Susannah Darrow glass and sable ciara sames home closet tool artist burnaway atlanta

TOOL // Record Player
To say that there is a lot of music in my house is a bit of an understatement. The record player is definitely the most used device in this house. We have somewhere around 4500 records in the house, so we have to use it all the time to make sure that everything stays loved and listened to.


1 comment: