Home // Closet // Tool: ALLIE BASHUK

Allie Bashuk Local Wanderer Young Foxy and Free Glass and Sable Home Closet Tool disco ball brick loftAllie Bashuk is the Atlanta Community Manager at Scoutmob, where she puts together rad events, helps sponsor & promote noteworthy happenings in the city, and strongholds Scoutmob's Twitter & Facebook. Allie also helps produce Young, Foxy & Free - a free quarterly art magazine in Atlanta, Athens and Savannah, GA. Everything she puts her energy into is central to community engagement and creativity. She is one of the coolest people I have ever met - seriously.

Allie Bashuk Local Wanderer Young Foxy and Free Glass and Sable Home Closet Tool stuffed animals banana futon candles buddah candle blabla dolls

Home // Banana Futon and Stuffed Friends
Most everything in my house is colorful, funny, weird, and has a good backstory. I passed by that banana "futon" (who am I kidding, it's really just an oversized pillow) hanging in the window of a futon store when I was at school in Athens, GA every day for two years. It was summer 2009 and I was having a shitty day, and LO AND BEHOLD there was a "Mega Sale!" sign outside the store. I convinced myself it was a sign. If I wasn't going to buy it, I at least had to know how much that thing cost. I haggled with the salesman with the argument that "I have loved this banana from afar for two years, we're in the thick of a recession and I assure you this will go to a very loving home." Now it proudly serves as a daybed for my trusty stuffed companions.

Allie Bashuk Local Wanderer Young Foxy and Free Glass and Sable Home Closet Tool necklace emerman charms a locket charm bracelet

Closet // Charm Necklace
I only take this necklace off if I'm showering or exercising.. It's my single most meaningful possession: my great grandmother's locket, an Evereman cube, an "A" that was given to me by Alexis Krauss of Sleigh Bells, and other trinkets given to me from very special people and places... all hanging on a string near my heart.

Allie Bashuk Local Wanderer Young Foxy and Free Glass and Sable Home Closet Tool daily journals diary catalog daily catalog

Tool // Daily Journals
I've catalogued almost every day of my adult life. My very first journal dates back to 5 years old, but I stopped doing it during adolescence and picked it back up when I went off to college. Each journal is filled with mundane nothingness and emotional tangents, but it's a really amazing way to time hop and remember the routines and people of different chapters of my life. Since I am so digital all the time, this is the one thing I don't have to rely on the internet to store for me.

Allie Bashuk Local Wanderer Young Foxy and Free Glass and Sable Home Closet Tool disco ball brick loft

personal site // twitter

photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment