movie recap: midnight in paris.

midnightinparis

Ah, Midnight in Paris. This was seriously one of the best films I have ever seen. Form your own opinions, but I'm pretty sure you'll be agreeing with me after you see it.

Gil Pender, (Owen Wilson) a successful but disillusioned Hollywood screenwriter, and his fiance, Inez (Rachel McAdams) travel to Paris with her parents on a business trip. It doesn't take them long to run into friends of Inez, a rude know it all who takes every chance to prove everyone wrong. Inez's parents clearly disaprove of Gil and everyone seems to laugh at his idea of writing a novel. Gil takes a stroll alone one night, gets lost and finds hims in a car with complete strangers... and complete legendary writers and artists. Every night at midnight Gil is able to sneak away into the 1920's, a time period he not only worships, but is writing about in his novel. In his travels, he comes across people like Ernest Hemingway, Zelda Fitzgerald (Alison Pill), Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali (Adrian Brody) and others. Not only do they help shape his book, but help him figure out his own life and what is important to him.

For all you history and art buffs out there, you will love this. It's funny, romantic, adventurous and totally believable. Owen Wilson did a remarkable job, hands down. Don't even get me started on Earnest Hemingway or Dali! So it was really great and I can't stop thinking about it. So go out there, see it, and report back! How did you like it?!

3 comments:

  1. Well isn't this ironic..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Micah F. and I were walking down a street in Nashville, and he mentioned hearing about this movie. I practically exploded with excitement because I'd filed away this movie as one I wanted to see, after reading this post of yours, but I'd forgotten about it.

    We just got back from seeing it this evening, and we both enjoyed it! Quite a delight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan - Haha.

    Sarah - I'm so glad you saw it!! I would have guessed that you would love it! It's definitely one of my favorite movies. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD. :D

    ReplyDelete